Dated: September 30
We have a lot of major functionality released in September and we are now opening up Voicefox to everyone. To sign up for the Beta go to app.voicefox.com. We really appreciate your feedback
Inviting Voicefox to a meeting
- You could already invite Voicefox by inviting firstname.lastname@example.org to any meeting in your calendar
- You can now connect your Google calendar and see all your upcoming meetings in Voicefox. Then invite Voicefox from within the app. Voicefox will join the meeting at the scheduled time
- For ongoing or meetings happening now, you can just add the URL from the Invite Voicefox page in your portal. Voicefox will join the meeting within a couple of minutes.
Works with additional conference systems
- Voicefox is now compatible with Google Meet and GoToMeeting (in addition to Google Hangouts)
- Inviting Voicefox to these meetings is exactly the same (see points in prior section)
Increased slide detection accuracy
- Voicefox automatically detects presented slides or any keyframes from your browser or desktop
- Previously, all too often, we'd show the webcam as a captured 'keyframe'. Probably not a deal breaker since you can ignore that thumbnail, but now the algorithm is more accurate.
- It's still not 100% accurate especially when multiple people dial in from the same room. (we will continue to iterate!)
Sign up and login
- You can now also sign up or login using your Google credentials
More concurrency, security, and stability
- We have now moved to the Google Cloud platform so can leverage their at-rest and in-transport encryption.
- We now can handle 100s of meetings occurring at the same time.
- We are now running multiple instances software and properly load balancing. So if for whatever reason a server goes down, immediately a peer server steps in. Bottom line to you is Voicefox is dramatically more stable.